AFROMA AWARDS SCHEME
AFROMA AWARDS are awarded to recognize excellence in the modeling and fashion industry. The Award winners are regarded as professionals and role models so it is important that the award selection process recognize the achievements of all nominees. AFROMA AWARDS is an annual entertainment and business oriented program that aims to celebrate and promote the fashion industry in Ghana and Africa.
It is been organized by Cosmo konsult ltd under the following objectives:
• To honour and appreciate Models and Fashion designers and other professions in
• Provide an international platform through which the Ghanaian modeling and fashion
• To reward veteran fashion icons who have made positive and remarkable input in
• To reward diligence and innovation in the Fashion and Modeling Industry in Ghana
The awards scheme is made of 26 categories with special honors (citations) for 3 veteran fashion icons each year.
This year marks the second edition of the AFROMA AWARDS and event its set to bring all professionals in the modeling and fashion industry (Designers, Models and their agencies, fashion photographers, fashion bloggers, make-up artist, stylist among others) across Africa under one roof for networking and also to create the atmosphere for business opportunities. It will also encourage professionalism, objectivity and a sense of responsibility in the industry.
This year’s edition, we believe is where all professionals will connect with each other, empower each other, and support each other in the industry that is constantly evolving. The best agency will be awarded for supporting the youth in creating job opportunities and contributing to the development of our country. Since its inception in 2015, it has received widely talk in the media fraternity and we expect that this year the participation will grow substantially as we intensify our preparations and publicity.
This year’s edition of the AFROMA AWARDS is slated for the month of OCTOBER at the WORLD TRADE CENTER in Accra, whiles the launch comes off on the 1 st of July at the Airport View Hotel.
The organizers of the Afroma aim to present an award scheme that is representative of the
opinion of the General Public, fashion lovers as well as Industry Professionals.
1. NOMINATION PROCESS & COLLECTION OF ENTRIES
A full list of approved categories will made available at http://www.afromaa.com and via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Whats App) along with detailed definitions.
This year, forms will be available to be filled and submitted online at http://www.afromaa.com
Hard copies of the list and forms will be made available to model agencies across
Filled Nomination forms are advised to be submitted by Agencies and individuals at the country for pick up, filling and submission.
Filled Nomination forms are advised to be submitted by Agencies and individuals at the Afroma Secretariat.
Nominations gathered are subjected to short listing by members of the AFROMABOARD.
Applicants are expected to fill out forms and submit to organizers. The forms should come along with details of institutions or companies they have worked with as well as events they have been a part of within the time frame attached with a photo of them.
2. THE CATEGORISATION PROCESS
The Afroma Board will compile all entries received into the appropriate categories and provides a final nominations list which will be published for public voting via Afroma official website (www.afromaa.com) and via social media (Facebook and Twitter).
To be eligible for an Afroma Award 2016, the work of the nominee should have been done between 1 st September 2015 and 30 th September 2016.
4. VOTING PROCESS
AFROMA AWARDS will use a 2 stage voting system. i.e. the Public, and the AFROMA Board with the various percentage splits
RUNWAY MODEL OF THE YEAR M/F:
Public Voting: 40%
AFROMA BOARD 60%
COMMERCIAL MODEL OF THE YEAR M/F:
AFROMA BOARD: 30%
AFROMA BOARD: 40%
AFROMA BOARD – 100%
AFROMA AWARDS 2016 NOMINATION CATEGORIES
1. Runway Model Of The Year MALE
2. Runway Model Of The Year FEMALE
3. Commercial Model Of The Year MALE
4. Commercial Model Of The Year FEMALE
5. Photo Model Of The Year
6. Fitness Model Of The Year
7. Kid Runway Model Of The Year
8. Kid Commercial Model Of The Year
9. Most Promising Of Agency Of The Year
10. Most Promising Model Of The Year
11. Model Agency Of The Year
12. Fashion Personality Of The Year
13. Most Accomplished Agency Of The Year
14. Fashion Blogger Of The Year
15. Fashion Designer Of The Year
16. Best Choreographer Of The Year
17. Fashion Event Of The Year
18. Fashion TV Program Of The Year
19. Photographer Of The Year
20. Make-Up Artist Of The Year
21. Fashion Stylist Of The Year
22. Fashion School Of The Year
23. Fashion Support Brand Of The Year
24. Fashion Support Fabric Brand Of The Year
25. Pageant Of The Year
26. Runway Coach Of The Year